At LIVS, the health and well-being of your pet, family, and our team remains our top priority. Following CDC recommendations, we are taking steps to slow virus spread and protect the safety of our families and yours.
- At this time, our hospital will be operating with 100% curbside services. Clients are currently not permitted into the hospital until further notice.
- If you have an emergency, please call the hospital when you arrive (516-501-1700), and a staff member will meet you in the parking lot. Your pet will be taken into the hospital for assessment. Once a doctor has assessed your pet, we will communicate with you by phone to make diagnostic and treatment recommendations and to collect payments. When your pet is ready to go home, a team member will bring your pet and any medications out to your car for discharge.
- To facilitate our new check-in process, we have added numbered parking signs at our hospital. When you arrive at LIVS for an emergency or specialty visit, please call us at 516-501-1700, and tell the team what spot number you are parked in. This way, our team can quickly identify your vehicle and meet you and your pet.
- For established patients with upcoming rechecks, a team member will be in contact with you before your scheduled appointment.
- If you are a veterinarian referring a case for specialty or intensive care, please call the hospital to speak directly to the corresponding specialist so that we can work together to prioritize urgent cases.
- In addition to the rigid cleaning and disinfecting protocols already in place, we have increased the frequency of our disinfecting practices. Employees who feel ill are instructed to stay home and contact their doctor.
- We require all employees to wear masks during their shifts at the hospital. While clients are not permitted inside the hospital at this time, we do ask that they wear masks while interacting with our staff members in our parking lot. Masks must be worn completely covering your nose and mouth.
We know that emergencies happen and that having an ill or injured pet is stressful. Caring for our critically ill pets is an essential service and we have no plans to stop providing emergency care. Please bear with us as some of the temporary changes made in response to COVID-19 may have impacts on efficiency and will be a departure from what those of you have been here before are used to. We sincerely appreciate your patience.
If you should have any questions, please call 516-501-1700.
COVID-19 Screening Questions
Before scheduling or confirming any appointment (consultation, discharge, admission, etc.) the following questions will be asked:
- Have you spent any time outside of New York State in the past 14 days?
- Are you experiencing any of the following: Fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms related to COVID-19?
- In the last 14 days have you had contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19?
- For safety purposes, we are not permitting our staff to enter client vehicles. Will you be able to remove your pet from your vehicle for their appointment? If not, we recommend that you bring someone with you to help you remove your pet from your vehicle.
If you answer “no” to all screening questions, a LIVS team member will confirm the following protocols:
- Kindly bring and wear a mask when interacting with our staff (completely covering your nose and mouth).
- Curbside service is in effect. Clients will remain in their car during appointments.
- Follow the parking signs and pull into the driveway which will take you to the rear parking lot.
- Please park in a numbered spot, call 516–719-9101, and let the operator know your spot number.
- Our operator will ask you a few questions to get you checked-in for your pet’s appointment.
- We ask that you wait in or nearby your car.
If you answer "yes" to any screening questions:
Clients will be instructed to postpone their pet’s appointment/procedure for 14 days. Additionally, the client must be symptom-free for 3 days before arriving for their rescheduled appointment.